The Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires that all municipalities publish certain core information. This information includes, in part, a brief description of the City, its purpose, a diagram of its functional subdivisions, the total amount of its operating budget, the number and location of all of its offices, the approximate number of full and part time employees and identification and membership of certain committees and boards. The links below provide this information:

City of Belvidere Information Directory

Categories of records under the City's control combined with the number and location of all offices:

Any person requesting records of the City may make the request in writing either in person at the City Clerk's office (401 Whitney Blvd. Belvidere, Illinois 61008) or via mail, fax or e-mail.  Written requests for records should be made to the City Clerk / FOIA Officer at the above address.  

The first fifty (50) pages of black and white, letter or legal size copies are free.  Thereafter, all copies are fifteen cents ($.15) per copied page.  Color copies or copies that are not legal or letter size are subject to the actual copy cost incurred by the City.

Electronic copies will be formatted subject to reimbursement for costs of recording medium.

Records may be furnished without charge or at a reduced charge, as determined by the FOIA Officer, if the requestor states the specific purpose for the request and indicates that a waiver or reduction of the fee is in the public interest.  Waiver or reduction of the fee may be in the public interest if the principal purpose of the request is to access and disseminate information regarding the public health, safety or welfare or the legal rights of the general public and is not for the principal purpose of a personal or commercial benefit.

The City of Belvidere has created a FOIA request form that is useful in processing FOIA requests.  While use of the City's form is not mandatory it is encouraged.  The FOIA form is available HERE.

You may request records by mailing or delivering a request to the City Clerk at the above address or by sending the request by e-mail at the link below.

Contact Here.